Wednesday, February 6, 2008

well yesterday was a pretty low key day so i wont write too much today. i spent a lot of the day reading in this really cool hammock outside my room on the outdoor patio. later in the after noon i went to the sol mall which is an american style mall about half a mile away from my house. there i got a milk shake, some sunglasses and a pair of flip flops. i went into a surf shop to buy these last two items and it felt exactly like being in california. after that i got a cab back to my house which actually was a little hard because the directions are very specific. last night i went to the water front melecon 2000 with my host sister evelyn and her boyfriend. it was good because i got to use a lot of spanish and when i dont know a word she speaks a little english so it is pretty easy to communicate. thats pretty much it. oh and yesterday i got a new cell phone so if you want the number just comment on this page and ill send out an email to ya. miss you all and i am still standing for change with barack obama.
-mark

6 comments:

barb said...

Howdy -- nice to keep up on your travels and know that when I'm thinking of you, I can just check in to see what you're up to for the day.

Just to help you keep things in perspective; while you were sitting in the shade on the hammock with your flip flops on the ground next to you, we were scooping 12 inches of snow, wearing parkas, stocking hats and boots. Wanna trade??

Take care of yourself, aunt barb

XXM said...

phone number to XXM please! Will check w/ Claire but I am almost sure she has been reading. XXM

Joanna Greene said...

Of course I want your number please! :) My brain is so packed with things I have to do that I can't even remember if I told you this morning that my cell number will be the same in CR. Sorry if I've already told you that ten times. ha

Anonymous said...

send me the number too bro. and also, go hillary!!!!!!

Jamila said...

Me number want, too!

Kucinich, but he's so out.. I'll settle for Obama though.

Monica said...

What a great adventure, Mark! Thanks for keeping us posted so that we can learn from your cool(or is it hot down there? It IS summer, right?) learning experience. Love, Monica your aunt