Okay so, today is the official day i leave for ecuador. I am in Miami because i am supposed to be at an orientation run by AFS but since me and some other girl were the only ones to show up the orientation was breif and I am now just waiting for my flight to leave to leave. My flight
Quito leaves from Miami at 3:15. Getting here from Healdsburg was actually pretty easy. Yesterday morning I woke up at 3am and my mom and dad and joey brought me to the airport. Saying good-bye was hard but the only thing i could do was get on the plane. The flight was simple and only five hours long. I was a bit shocked when i got to Miami beacause this place is incredibly busy. It is also interesting to note that when walking around this airport i mostly hear spanish being spoken not english. My hotel here is nice (it is literally inside the airport) and since so few people showed up i got my own room. Yesterday evening was pretty mellow, i decided to have an american hamburger and shortly after that I went to sleep. For the rest of the day I am just going to get my things together and get on that plane.
Hopefully my next post will come to you from the beautiful city (from what I've heard) of Quito.
love to you all,
mark
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Mark! I just got your blogspot info from your mom and I am so happy to make that connection as I have been thinking a lot of you and wondering how you are doing. Elaine has heard from Joey that you are doing well but she also didn't have your blogspt. info. I will pass it onto her tonight when I see her.
So, your mom says you are well, enjoying our volunteer work and that you have a fine family you are staying with....Our prayers are answered!... I can't wait to read your future blogs!
Take good care of yourself Mark.
Love, Dani
Post a Comment